Monday, April 7, 2008

I-Pod Crash Course

I can spend hours creating playlists on my I-pod, carefully picking the order of songs to capture a certain mood... or to avoid one.

According to my I-Tunes tracker, these are the most frequently played songs on my I-pod, and when I listen to them it's like a crash course lesson on my life over the last few years. Isn't music a trip? Literally - a trip through your memory. Some are happy, some are sad, some are new, some are really old. I play all of them over and over again in my car. Particularly the last three minutes of the last song, driving down Lake Shore Drive with the moon roof down, feeling young. Which is worth $18 of I-Tunes in spades, if you ask me.

Here they are.
  1. Keep it Loose, Keep it Tight - Amos Lee
  2. Another White Dash - Butterly Boucher
  3. Nolita Fairytale - Vanessa Carlton
  4. Things that Scare Me - Neko Case
  5. Half Acre - Hem
  6. Something Pretty - Patrick Park
  7. Quattro - Calexico
  8. Afterglow - INXS
  9. High and Dry - Jamie Cullum
  10. With a Subtle Look - Now it's Overhead
  11. Miss America - David Byrne
  12. Ooh Child - Beth Orton
  13. I Will Possess Your Heart - Death Cab for Cutie
  14. One Great City! - The Weakerthans
  15. Bedshaped - Keane
  16. My Number - Tegan and Sara
  17. Gold in the Sunset - Bob Schneider
  18. Lovestoned/I Think She Knows (interlude version) - Justin Timberlake

3 comments:

Jeff H said...

If ever I needed confirmation that 1) I'm hopelessly square, 2) I've been in law school for the last three years, or 3) both, your post has amply provided it. Thanks!

Kiki said...

Hey Meg, Thanks for popping by, I Heart your blog, so fun!!!

kolls said...

What's kinda strange is that I could totally live with only having 79 songs on my iPod - my recently played list. Why, WHY do I have 3200 songs on that thing!?