Thursday, April 3, 2008

Does this entry seem organized to you?

I heart bullets. Not the bullets that come out of guns and *kill people, but the kind that are used in documents as an organization tool. I use them all the time; too often maybe. Not just in work e-mails either - no, no - in notes to friends and family too. I suppose as a writer I shouldn't rely on them so often to distinguish **separate ideas like
  • wine
  • sushi
  • shoes

but they are just too effective of a writing crutch device for me to resist their siren call. And did you see what I did there? I used bullets when they weren't even necessary! I am also a big fan of the sub-bullet, (to further categorize ideas!) but we can get into that another time.

Anyway for the love of gawd, the point is that I'm going to use bullets in this entry to talk about some very separate but relevant and timely items of note.

  • I am going to New York City this weekend to visit one of my closest girlfriends and I always have a hard time planning my outfits for trips there because it's the one place in the world where I don't feel like I'm ahead of the game fashion-wise.There's just a kind of fashion moxie going on in NYC that people don't have anywhere else. Anything goes. Needless to say, I can't wait to go shopping.
  • Ok, so this past Saturday night I went to the annual Junior League black-tie fundraiser and actually had fun for the first time ever. As it turns out, I had a little too much fun... but not in the way you're thinking. The silent auction was pretty dead, and I felt bad for all the poor neglected vendors, so I decided to, you know, get the ball rolling with a few bids on some pretty items - a long-strand freshwater pearl necklace and another pearl-and-stone necklace on a pretty gold chain - and you know where this is going don't you? I WON BOTH EFFING AUCTIONS. And now I am contractually obligated to buy them. Granted, they are far less than their "retail" value, but it's going to hit the pocketbook... pretty hard.
  • It is never getting warm again.

*Guns don't kill people. People with moustaches kill people.

**But really? When you think about it? Aren't they kind of all one idea?

2 comments:

Danielle Moss said...

Love your blog. I am a very very organized, and love that you discussed your post's organization.

Great blog!

Danielle

carey said...

i use bullets like crazy in dox too. sometimes i pretend they're not bullets/trick people by using arrows instead. sneaky!