Saturday, January 24, 2009

I cleaned out my closet today: put everything on a "real" (non-wire) hanger, decided to get rid of some stuff, re-discovered some "new" things and made a little shopping list of things my wardrobe is missing. Mostly it's essentials - fitted white and black long-sleeved layering tees, a new white button-down (I've worn the heck out of my Express button downs and can't expect Mer to let me borrow her DKNY forever), some slacks or jeans and perhaps a new suit.

There are also a few pieces that I love that I've never worn because I don't have the right pants/top/accessories/whatever. And I know that Stacy and Clinton say that if you haven't worn it in a year to throw it out or give it away, and generally I unquestioningly do whatever Stacy and Clinton say, but I just can't give up on the Milly silk georgette top (requires a black satin pencil skirt), the black and white plaid A-line skirt (too dressy for everyday; requires what? I don't know) the jewel-toned purple satin flounce skirt (requires the "right" ivory or white dressy sleeveless top) or the sky blue flowy top with silver thredding (requires the perfect, elusive camisole). And I'm still searching for a skinny black patent leather belt that is meant to be worn at the waist. My kingdom for that belt!

4 comments:

Kiki said...

Ummmmm we might have one after February 20th...Spring Two arrives in the store and I think I may have spied a skinny belt that is meant to be worn at the waist!!! I'll let you know when we get it.

TSC said...

Believe it or not: Target or Buffalo Exchange for a waist-sitting patent leather belt. I'm not kidding.

Meg said...

Oh, I've tried Target! Believe me, I have searched the earth for this perfect belt!

Kiki said...

The Skinny belt I saw in Spring two...notsomuch at the waist, and you mean natural waist right??? I'm going to check tomorrow and I'll post a pic so you cab see what it looks like.