Thursday, October 9, 2008

It's 4:29 p.m. and OU still sucks

Just returned from a relaxing few days in La Jolla, California. I was grateful to have some unseasonably warm and sunny weather from which to tan by, some spare hours with which to read and reflect (mostly on the freakshow that's been my life since our last visit to the same resort in 2005 - I say freakshow in only a minimally negative way. Some freakshows are fun.) and the freedom to sleep in, which I did with only limited interuption from work dreams.

I was not, however, impressed by the boutiques or the general shopping climate at all. I did score a pretty cashmere cardigan and shell on sale from White House Black Market, but I have one of those next door to my office in Chi, so it wasn't the exhilarating omg gorgeous one-of-a-kind SoCal find I was hoping for. My problems, they are burdensome.

Now trying to decide whether to keep my original flight and return to Chicago on Saturday afternoon or to rebook for Sunday because apparently I was smoking crack when I booked my tickets - in the middle of the Red River Shootout! If I stay and we lose, it'll be a waste of time and money. BUT! if I leave and we win and I miss the whole thing, well, that's just a situation a Texan should never put herself in. What was I thinking?

(Not really, Mom. It's a turn of phrase)

No comments: