Friday, October 17, 2008

Ecoatnomics

I haven't bought a coat and I haven't fixed my TV.

My conscience won't let me buy the $1,200 Burberry coat. I definetely can't afford it, and I buy things I can't afford all the time (see: every entry on this blog), but I just can't make myself walk down the street - it would be that easy; I live in Candy Land! - and lay down for it. It's just... too much. How unglamorous to have to say that.

And someone who knows nothing about plasma televisions said to me: "I've heard that plasma screens just do that sometimes, man, like the lava that's floating underneath the screen - the plasma (the magma!) - gets stuck somehow." Well, that's good enough for me! Will just ignore it til it goes away.

Can't ignore the cold though, so I'm going to have to pony up soon - somewhere between Lands End and Burberry. That sounds like a song name - "Somewhere between Lands End and Burberry."

...sung by CRAZY.

2 comments:

Ronan said...

So you asked Matthew McConaughey about the television?

Kiki said...

Just checking....hope all is well, miss your fun posts!!!