Wednesday, May 28, 2008

And if you think this entry is borderline crazy, you should also know that I pretend that Milly talks with a German accent

Ok, so what I really want to do is continue my series of Discount Department Store blogs with entries about Nordstrom Rack and Century 21, but I can't because my cats are the only thing on my mind. So we'll just call this a crazy cat lady blog from now on and not a fashion and style blog, yesno?

My cats are top of mind right now (top of cabinet, top of HOT OVEN; please stop) and my anxiety is verreh high because of the nature of Milly's (my cat) reception of River (R's cat). Poor. It was extremely poor. With hissing and growling and spitting and hiding and removal of pieces of poo from the litter box (my displeasure; let me show you it!) and other forms of mutiny.

We've tried bribery and trickery and distraction and entertainment (R has done his best Jagger like every day for these creatures) and I cared very much about their individual and collective happiness until 11:40 p.m. on Monday night at which time I began to care very little about their leeeetle kitty feeeeeelings because shut the hell up you are not going to be able to open that closed door no matter how long (3 hours) you meow and rattle it with your paws, like OMG.

They can't have it both ways. They can't have their kitty cake and eat it too. I will prevail. I will sleep again.

I'm Ron Burgandy?

4 comments:

kolls said...

Oh my God, I just snorked ale up my nose, which was NOT a pleasant feeling, because omg, not only was this entry awesome, but the BEST QUOTE EVER at the end just nailed it.

Also - do you happen to have colleagues in Dallas? Yes? (Don't y'all rep American?)

Kiki said...

This was a freaking funnny post, it can't all be fashion and style, although you do a great job at that....I can't wait to hear how this all turns out!!!

Danielle Moss said...

Oh wow. Not what I needed to hear the week we are thinking of bringing the new kitten I found to my boyfriend's place.

The drama and insanity that goes along with having cats :)

Laura said...

Oh Lord. Meg, I love LOVE love your writing! Especially about your cats!