Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Mee-mee tag

Five random things about me:
  • While I love to travel, my experience abroad has been limited. I actually turned down my parents' offer to study abroad in college because I was afraid I'd miss too much fun with my sorority. My roster of international travel destinations is extremely predictable (Mexico and Canada) save for one very random locale: Moscow, Russia.
  • One of my favorite things to eat is completely weirdo: a peanut butter and pickle sandwich. Toast two slices of wheat bread, spread peanut butter on one side and mayo (or Miracle Whip) on the other (just. trust. me.), garnish with lettuce and sliced dill pickles. Really, really, awesome. I share this bizarre favorite with my Dad. You probably think that's gross, but you're not the boss of me are you?
  • I have an inch-long scar on my right hip from the time I burned myself badly while ironing in my underwear. I think I was about 15. I couldn't wear pants as a result of my injury and had to wear Soffe shorts to school everyday for about a week.
  • I have a history of getting really sick while traveling (perhaps divine intervention that I haven't traveled abroad much?). Countless bouts of flu, high fever, food poisoning have sent me to emergency rooms across the country. Ask me about my favorite in rural Kentucky!
  • As a kid, I spent a few summers at Prude Ranch Camp (the Prudes are a very prominent ranch family in West Texas; I've heard all the prude jokes so don't bother) where I learned to rope cattle.

5 comments:

kolls said...

Huh. That sammich. I may have to try it when Boyfriend's out of town... :)

Anonymous said...

Hey! I had that sandwich for lunch today! Great minds think alike!

kolls said...

Woohoo, purse rec!

If the people aren't evil, I'd keep an open mind! To make a very long story short, my clients weren't interesting enough to balance out the terrible pay and being screamed at every day!

Kiki said...

Did I mention that I have lived in Texas twice, I love Austin the most!!! I love your random things...so fun, and ironing your underwear....I love it!!!

Jeff H said...

Happy Belated Russiaversary! (12!)