Monday, February 11, 2008

Winter of my Discontent

It seems ironic that I should begin my very first blog entry on my brand-new blog with talking about the searing hate hate hate that I have for this godforsaken winter season when I’m supposed to be blogging about stuff I like.

But with the –20 degree wind-chill and the virtually impassable river of ice that is the city street in front of my house, winter is kind of top-of-mind right now, so whatevs. I’m going to write about it anyway.

Chicago cannot catch a break. First, the snow falls in drifts. Then the temperature eases up and the snow melts to messy slush (arguably the least tolerable situation of all). Then the temperature falls again and the nasty slush freezes into sheets of ice, upon which the next snow falls soon thereafter. And that? Is a recipe for unpleasantness.

I think fondly back to the time when the worst winter of my life consisted of the one day it was too chilly to sunbathe at the pool at Scottish Rite Dormitory after class on the first day back of Winter effing semester. Me-of-old, I laugh at your naiveté. Actually... I cry, but I’m just trying to keep up appearances here. And speaking of appearances, me-of-old, enjoy that effortless bikini body while you still can.

Gawd, life’s a tragedy.

No comments: