Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Winter of my Discontent, Part Two

So I’m sick. It started on Friday night with a headache, continued on Saturday with general icky-ness, and then hit me full-force on Sunday and has continued on its ferocious and unabiding course since then. At first I thought I’d get well on my own (denial; classic), then I thought I had a cold (acceptance; mature), then I thought I had the flu (exaggeration; expected), and now I’ve decided that it must have something to do with my sinuses as there is liquid nastiness seeping out of my left nostril and left eye (gross; shut up).

So the only thing left to do is talk about shoes. And recently? I made a very wise and responsible choice concerning shoes, one that would make both Suze Orman and my mother proud.

A few months ago I fell in love with a pair of shoes online. At $129, they were a little out of my price range, had several negative reviews on Zappos.com, and they didn’t have my size, but I ordered them anyway because I am estupid.




Adorable, right? Yes, adorable. Also… unwearable. Even if they had been the proper size, I don’t think I would have been able to walk on their 4½ inch heels. I stumbled around exactly one Junior League meeting in them before admitting defeat. Luckily, Zappos has an amazing 365-day, no-questions-asked return policy. So, back they go, and back goes the $129 on my credit card.

As a consolation, I’m trading them in for these boots, which are totally reasonable at $44.


What do you think? Did I do the right thing?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the post. I think you made the right choice, but I would love to hear what outfits you are wearing with those boots. I am sure you are adorable in them. I am so glad you finally have a blog.

xoxo

Laura said...

I think you made a wonderful decision. And - practical, to say the least. You never know when you might have to swashbuckle an angry mob of Smurfs. I dig them. Can't wait to see you sport 'em around!