Wednesday, June 25, 2008

So Happy About Blogland!

I have been tagged by the lovely Kiki to make a list of favorite blogs that bring me "happiness and inspiration" and make me feel "happy about *blogland."

The rules: give the award to people whose blogs bring you happiness and inspiration and make you feel so happy about blogland! Leave them a comment on their blog to let them know they received this award. (I may or may not have followed these instructions exactly as written.)

Gluten Free Mommy: I have been "real life" friends with this blog's author for about 12 years, since my sophomore and her freshman year in high school. After losing contact for a few years after college, I was so happy to stumble upon her blog completely randomly, while searching for gluten-free recipies for a coworker with Celiac. It's been a delight catching and keeping up as old friends in this way. What delights me the most, however, is the "essential Natalie" (her sense of humor, absolutely unmistakable sly smile and free spirit) that comes through in her writing every once in awhile. Anyone that knows Natalie knows what I mean. We have a particular greeting card exchange tradition that I think we need to rekindle. Tee hee!

Zoot: I don't know this woman, and I don't even comment on her blog, but I've been reading it for years. I'm totally impressed by the way she's able to maintain such an entertaining account of her life without compromising some of the securities the Internet can take away if you're not careful. She's never revealed her name or the names of her children to her online readers, she keeps a bona-fide "Kind Blog," by never insulting anyone, and she's got that effortlessly approachable, Every-Woman thing going on. Like Carrie from Sex and the City, only with curly red hair and a Southern accent.

Hello Darling: No one understands a Texan like another displaced Texan, and sometimes misery really loves company living in the big city. A shared affinity for Blue Bell ice cream, Shiner, sorority culture and all the other special things about the Lone Star State makes her blog an essential read for me every day. Where's a g-d Taco Cabana when you need one, right?

My tagger Kiki: Lives an enviable life! By making her home close to the ocean, turning her passion into a successful career and happily ensconced in family and friends, she makes living the good life a priority and goes after it with an energy I rarely have. While she's out having bonfire BBQ's on the beach, rest assured I'm having a grand old time reading about it in my sweatpants in the dark because I won't change my lightbulbs.

And because I'm not all sap and sugar, the "blog" of Unnecessary Quotations: just go and read it, people. It's almost as good as the neon "We Delivery" sign at the Chinese restaurant in the Gold Coast. I heart this blog, I really "do."

*Do they serve wine in blogland? What about a shoe store?

2 comments:

kolls said...

I heart you toooooo!!!!

Kiki said...

I think that you are a gifted writer, that when I get to your site I am always excited to see what you are thinking about today, what you are in love with and where you've been!!!


You are truly so kind, I am always lonely for the big city and while I love living near the beach, having the ocean practically in my backyard...I miss the days of running around NY and having access to all the wonder that you are surrounded by every day!!!

Thank you again for your kind comments...