Sunday, February 17, 2008

Style report - Knoxville, Tennessee

I'm in Knoxville this week for work and so far I've been pleasantly surprised with the environs. The town is cute, with pretty old buildings, lots of green wooded areas, and the big Tennessee River right outside my hotel room window. I'm going to order a glass of Pinot Noir from room service and watch the twinkling lights across the river before I go to bed.

The drive from Nashville was longer than I wanted it to be, but there was definetely something refreshing about driving in the open country after being cooped up in the city for so long.

I'm still trying to adjust to the whole business travel thing. It's pretty lonely - especially four nights at a time - but whenever I can, I'm going to check out the local style scene in the places I visit. So tonight I'm occupying myself with studying the local lifestyle publications to narrow down some boutiques to visit during the week, and will dutifully report back to you, dear readers (reader?) about what I find.

1 comment:

Jeff H said...

ReaderS. Definitely.

Remember that time we were in that part of the country? And when we turned the radio on...